Ingredients (serves 4):
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 shallots, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tsp. ginger, chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
1 lemongrass, chopped
4 cups (950ml) vegetable stock
¾ tsp. salt
4 kefir lime leaves (optional)
1 head broccoli
2 medium potatoes, peeled, and chopped
½ cup (120ml) coconut milk, full-fat
1 tsp. sugar
7 oz. (200g) spinach
1 bunch coriander
3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 tsp. fish sauce
roasted peanuts, to garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the shallots, and sauté for 3 minutes. Then, add the garlic, ginger, and jalapeño pepper. Sauté for another 3 minutes then. Add the lemongrass, and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, kefir lime leaves (if using), salt, broccoli, and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and cover with lid. Gently simmer, covered for 10-12 minutes.
- Once vegetables are tender, take the pot off the heat. Add in the spinach and coriander. Blend with a hand-blender or in a food processor until very smooth.
- Place the blended soup back in the pot, over low heat, stir in the coconut, add in sugar, and stir until warmed through. Do not boil.
- Lastly, add the lime juice, and fish sauce to taste.
- Divide between the bowls, and garnish with additional coriander leaves and roasted peanuts (optional).