Ingredients (10 servings):
1 cup Pitted Dates (packed)
3 cups Water (just boiled)
1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
3 tbsps Coconut Oil
1/3 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1/4 tsp Sea Salt (large flakes, for topping)
1. Add the dates to a medium-sized bowl and cover with just-boiled hot water. Let them sit for 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Drain the dates and add to a blender or food processor along with cocoa powder, peppermint extract and coconut oil. Process until the mixture comes together.
3. Remove the chocolate mixture and scoop into rough teaspoon-sized balls. Don’t roll them with your hands just yet as they will be too oily. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and put them in the freezer to set for about 8 to 10 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, add the chocolate chips and microwave on high for 30 to 45-second intervals until melted. Stir with a spoon to fully combine.
5. Remove the truffles from the freezer and use your hands to smooth them into balls. Take each ball and roll into melted chocolate with a spoon and then place them back on the baking sheet. Top with flaky sea salt and let them sit for 5 to 10 minutes to set or place in the fridge to set faster. Enjoy!
- Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to seven days.
- One serving is equal to approximately two truffles.
- Top with crushed-up candy cane or shredded coconut flakes.