Ingredients (serves 9):
1/2 cup Pitted Dates
2 2/3 tbsps Fancy Molasses
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
2 tsps Vanilla Extract
1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 cup Coconut Flour
1/4 Cocoa Powder
2 tsps Ground Ginger
1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
1 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF (177ºC).
2. Place dates in a food processor and pulse until pureed, or chop the dates finely.
3. In a large bowl, blend the dates, eggs, molasses, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and almond milk until thoroughly combined.
4. Combine the remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine thoroughly, scraping down the sides until you have a smooth batter.
6. Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper, pour in the batter and spread evenly. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Sprinkle with a little cocoa powder and let cool for at least 10 minutes. Slice, serve and enjoy!