1/2 cup almond flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2/3 cup low-carb 1:1 sweetener, or equivalent (eg. Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
3 large eggs
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 F .
2. Lightly grease an 8×8 inch baking pan (coconut oil/avocado oil that has low smoke point)
3. Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk until well blended.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk to blend well.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and use a spatula to spread it evenly.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out mostly
7. Cool and slice into 16 squares.
1. Top with homemade whipped coconut: place can of coconut milk in the fridge for a few hours
or overnight. Remove the top portion, leaving the liquid for a smoothie or soup. Beat the
coconut cream and add Stevia/vanilla to taste.
2. I used Monk Fruit Low Carb Sweetener as it’s not a sugar alcohol and doesn’t cause digestive upset.
3. To make them dairy free, replace the butter with coconut oil.