1/2 cup coconut flour
2 Tbsp chia seeds
1/4 t baking soda
zest from 2 lemons
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup almond milk
4 Tbsp honey (or sweetener of choice)
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F. Line a muffin tray with paper muffin cups.
2. In a medium bowl add coconut flour, chia seeds, baking soda, lemon zest and a pinch of salt. Mix
3. In another bowl crack the eggs and add vanilla extract, almond milk mixed with stevia or honey,
melted coconut oil, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar.
4.) Next, fold in the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing well until a smooth batter is formed.
5. Pour the batter into paper muffin cups dividing equally between the 12 cups.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
7. Once baked, remove from the oven and transfer the muffins onto a rack to cool completely.
*Notes: due to the density of coconut flour, these won’t rise a lot. Don’t panic, they taste amazing!