1 tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, sliced
2 inch (5cm) ginger, peeled and sliced
1 shallot, sliced
1 ½ lb. (680g) boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. turmeric
7 oz. (200g) fresh spinach
1 cup (185g) Jasmine rice, uncooked (*optional)
8 cups (1.9l) bone broth (try my Instant Pot broth)
4 limes, juiced
1 tbsp. tamari
1 tbsp. fish sauce (optional)
fresh herbs for topping (mint, basil, coriander)
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the garlic, ginger, and shallots and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
2. Next add in the chicken thighs. Season with 1 tsp. of salt and the turmeric. Add 1/4 cup
water to the pot and leave to cook for 2-3 mins. Flip the chicken and repeat until
cooked through. Remove from the pot and set aside.
3. Add in the rice and cook for 1-2 minutes then add in the broth and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender. While the rice is cooking, shred the
5. When the rice is cooked, add the shredded chicken back to the pot. Then add the
spinach, cooking another 1-2 minutes until wilted.
6. Squeeze in the lime juice, add soy sauce/fish sauce, and fresh herbs. Season to taste
with more salt and pepper if necessary.
Serve and enjoy!