Ingredients (Serves 4):
1 naval orange (cut into quarters + ½ naval orange sliced)
1 yellow onion (cut into quarters)
2 ¼ turkey breast, skin on (bone in)
½ tsp sea salt
1 ½ T extra virgin olive oil
1 T fresh thyme (fine chopped)
1 T fresh sage (finely chopped)
1 T rosemary (finely chopped)
2/3 cup water
1. Preheat your oven to 425F. Arrange the orange and onion quarters in a large baking dish or a roasting pan.
2. Season the turkey breast on all sides with the salt. Place the seasoned turkey breast on top of the orange and onion in the pan.
3. In a small mixing bowl combine the oil with the thyme, sage and rosemary. Spoon the oil mixture evenly over top of the turkey breast. Top with ½ sliced naval orange for added top flavor.
4. Add 2/3 cup water to the bottom of the pan and bake the turkey breast for 20 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350F and continue cooking for 30 to 40 minutes or until the turkey is cooked to an internal temperature of 165F. The skin should be brown and crispy. Be sure to add more water to the pan if it evaporates too quickly or if the pan juices start to burn.
5. Let the turkey rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
Additional toppings – spoon pan juices over top of the sliced meat upon serving.
Make it a meal – serve with roasted veggies or mashed cauliflower/sweet potato.
Leftovers – refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. Use cooked turkey in sandwiches, soups or on top of salads.