Ingredients (serves 4):
1.3 lb. (600g) chicken breast, chopped
½ tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. garlic powder
4 tbsp.gluten free flour
4 tbsp. desiccated coconut
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. coconut oil
salt and pepper
- Season the chopped chicken with the spices and season with salt and pepper. Then coat in 1 tablespoon of oil.
- In a deep plate, combine the potato starch and desiccated coconut. In a separate bowl beat the egg and season with salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken, dipping it first into the beaten egg, then into the flour and coconut mixture.
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok or a larger pan, over medium-high heat.
- Add the coated chicken to the work or pan and fry for approximately 2-3 minutes. Turn the chicken over, and fry the other side for a further 2-3 minutes until golden and cooked through. Now move the meat over to one side of the wok and pour water into the empty space and bring to the boil. Add the sweet chili sauce and tomato ketchup, mix well and bring to the boil again.
- Combine the sauce with the meat, stirring every now and then. Heat everything together and bring to a boil.
- Serve with rice and coriander.