Ingredients (serves 4):
1 large tomato, diced
6 oz. (170g) roasted peppers, drained, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
½ tsp. smoked paprika
2 tsp. red wine vinegar
4 tbsp. olive oil
1 oz. (30g) bread, chopped
¼ cup (35g) almonds, chopped
24 oz. (680g) cod fillets, skinless (4 fillets)
2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
salt and pepper
1. Heat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. In a medium bowl, mix the tomato, peppers, garlic, paprika and red wine vinegar with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then set aside.
3. Place a small frying pan on the hob over a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the bread and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until toasted. Transfer to plate and set aside.
4. Wipe the pan with a paper towel and add the almonds and roast over a medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Transfer onto the plate with the bread and set aside to cool.
5. Place the cod in a baking dish and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season to taste with a little salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until cooked through.
6. Now add the toasted bread, almonds and parsley to the bowl with the tomato mixture and mix well. Spoon over the cooked fish, and sprinkle with sea salt. Serve immediately.