Ingredients (serves 6):
1 cup (170g) uncooked quinoa, rinsed
1 yellow onion, diced
2 red bell peppers, chopped
1 lb. (450g) chicken breast, chopped
½ cup (120ml) hoisin sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
½ tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
1 ¼ cups (300ml) water
1 cup (150g) cashew nuts
1. Heat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Place the quinoa into a casserole dish and top it with the onion and bell peppers. Next add the chicken on top.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the hoisin sauce, garlic, tamari, ginger, and 1 cup of water. Pour the sauce over the chicken and quinoa.
4. Place the casserole dish into the oven, cover and bake for about 45 minutes. Add the cashews and bake for a further 10 minutes.
5. Once ready, let everything sit for 5 minutes before serving.