Ingredients (makes 12):
2 cups (240g) almond meal
4 tbsp. coconut flour
½ cup (50g) unsweetened cocoa powder
½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder, gluten free
½ tsp. sea salt
1 large ripe banana, mashed
¼ cup (60ml) unsweetened almond milk
¼ cup (60ml) honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 zucchini, grated (about 1 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a large bowl, combine almond meal, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda,
baking powder, and sea salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine mashed banana, almond milk, eggs, honey, and vanilla
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir to combine.
5. Place grated zucchini between two layers of paper towel and squeeze out excess
liquid, and then add to the batter.
6. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or place a muffin liner in each and distribute batter evenly
between cups. Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops spring back when touched.
7. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing and placing onto a wire rack to cool