Ingredients (Serves 6):
3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
3 tbsps Maple Syrup (divided)
3/4 Lemon (juiced and divided)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Coconut Flour
1/2 cup Arrowroot Powder
1 1/2 tsps Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Apple (cored and diced)
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tbsps Almond Flour
1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, almond milk, 1/3 of the maple syrup, 1/3 of the lemon juice and vanilla until combined.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the coconut flour and arrowroot flour. Add to the wet mixture about 1/4 cup at a time, whisking thoroughly.
3. Mix in baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Grease a large skillet with olive oil and place over medium heat. Once hot, pour pancakes in the skillet, about 3-inches wide.
5. Once small holes begin to appear in the surface of the pancake, sprinkle a few apple chunks onto it and flip over. Cook each side approximately 3-4 minutes. Repeat until batter is finished.
6. Heat coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining apple chunks, cinnamon, the remaining 2/3 of the lemon juice and the remaining 2/3 of the maple syrup. Stir until combined.
7. Add almond flour and turn down to low-medium heat. Let simmer and stir occasionally for 3 to 5 minutes or until apple chunks are soft.
8. Top apple pancakes with chunky apple cinnamon sauce and enjoy!