Ingredients (Serves 4):
6 Corn Tortilla (6-inch)
1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
1 1/2 tsps Chili Powder
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1/4 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
1. Preheat your oven to 400ºF (204ºC).
2. Stack the tortillas and slice them into triangle-shaped chips each using a large knife.
3. In a coffee grinder or small blender, add the nutritional yeast, chilli powder, sea salt, turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika. Grind into a fine powder.
4. Transfer the ground spices to a bowl and stir in oil to create a thin paste. Brush each side of the chips with some of the paste.
5. Lay the chips in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until the chips are slightly browned and feel crispy. This should take 6 to 8 minutes. Watch them closely so they don’t burn. They will crisp up further as they cool.
6. Remove from oven, transfer to a paper towel and cool for 10 to 15 minutes before eating them. Enjoy!
Storage – Chips are best fresh, but can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for 1 to 2 days.