Ingredients (8 servings):
1/2 Cup almond butter
1/4 Cup coconut oil
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
1/2 Tsp peppermint extract
1/8 Tsp stevia powder
1. Arrange paper baking cups on a plate or a small baking sheet. Set aside.
2. Set up a double boiler: Fill a medium pot with an inch of water and place a smaller pot or heat-safe bowl on top ensuring the water is not touching the bottom of the smaller pot or bowl. The smaller pot or bowl should rest tightly on top of the pot and any water or steam should not be able to escape. Bring water to a boil then reduce to lowest heat.
3. Add the almond butter and coconut oil to the smaller pot and allow them to melt and stir to combine. Stir in the cocoa powder
4. In a small bowl combine the vanilla, mint and stevia powder and stir until the stevia has fully dissolved. Add the stevia mixture to the almond butter mixture and stir well to combine.
5. Divide the chocolate almond butter mixture between the paper baking cups then transfer to the freezer. Allow the fat bombs to set for about 30 minutes or until solid. Transfer to an airtight container and keep frozen. Enjoy!
- Leftovers can be kept in the freezer for up to one month. They will melt at room temperature.
- You can substitute almond butter for cashew butter instead.
- You can adjust the stevia and peppermint extract amount to your taste. Try adding a pinch of salt for more flavour!
- Use any mold you have available for the fat bombs (ie. silicone molds).