Ingredients (12 small sized fat bombs or 6-8 large):
½ cup almond butter (or your favourite nut butter of choice)
¼ cup coconut oil
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp raw honey
1. Arrange small/large baking cups on a plate or a small baking sheet or set a silicon tray on a baking sheet for stability. Set aside.
2. Set up a double boiler: Fill a medium pot with an inch of water and place a smaller pot or heat-safe bowl on top ensuring the water is not touching the bottom of the smaller pot or bowl. The smaller pot or bowl should rest tightly on top of the pot and any water or steam should not be able to escape. Bring water to a boil then reduce to lowest heat.
3. Add the almond butter and coconut oil to the smaller pot and allow them to melt and stir to combine. Whisk in the cocoa powder.
4. In a small bowl combine the vanilla and honey. Add the honey mixture to the almond butter mixture and stir well to combine.
5. Divide the chocolate almond butter mixture between the paper baking cups or silicon tray then transfer to the freezer. Allow the fat bombs to set for about 30 minutes or until solid. Transfer to an airtight container and keep frozen. Share with a loved one and enjoy!
- This recipe makes 8 large servings using paper baking cups. If you like you can make them smaller and more bite size using silicon trays such as these here: https://amzn.to/3pt9vIG
- There are also great heart-shaped trays on the market
- Leftovers: Keep in the freezer for up to one month. Coconut oil melts at room temperature.
- No almond butter: use cashew butter, macadamia butter or sunflower seed butter instead. You can even mix things up and sub coconut butter.