Ingredients (makes 30):
3 ripe bananas
⅓ cup (85g) almond butter smooth
½ cup (90g) dark chocolate chips
2 tsp. coconut oil
1. Peel and slice the bananas. Line a tray or chopping board with baking paper.
2. Place about ½ teaspoon of almond smooth butter onto the banana slices and top with another banana slice to make a little ‘sandwich’. You should be able to make around 30 sandwiches.
3. Place the bananas on the prepared baking paper and store it in the freezer for about 1 hour.
4. Next, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave or using the water bath method.
5. Once the chocolate is melted, dip each frozen banana sandwich into the melted chocolate so that half of it is coated.
6. Place the chocolate covered sandwiches back on the baking paper platter, and into the freezer for another 15-20 minutes.
7. Once the chocolate is set, you can transfer the bananas into a container and store in the freezer for up to 1-2 months.
8. The longer the bananas stay in the freezer, the harder they will get. So remove them from the freezer for about 5 minutes before eating.