Ingredients (serves 4):
2 red chilies, thinly sliced
2 tbsp. red onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp. fish sauce
salt, to taste
pinch of coconut sugar
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 ¼ lbs. (565g) salmon fillet (4 fillets)
8 cups (240g) mixed salad leaves
1 cup (50g) mixed fresh herbs, chopped (coriander, mint and basil)
8 radishes, sliced
8 baby cucumbers, sliced
1. Heat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. To make the dressing, squeeze the juice of 1 lime into a small bowl. Add the sliced chili, half the red onion, fish sauce and a pinch of salt and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
3. Brush the salmon with the olive oil and place on a baking tray lined with foil. Half the other lime and also place it in the tray. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through.
4. Once cooked, allow the salmon to cool slightly then break it up into chunks.
5. Divide the salad leaves, the remaining ½ onion, fresh herbs, radishes and cucumbers, between 4 plates and drizzle with the dressing. Squeeze the juice from the baked lime over the salad and toss together adding a little more salt to taste.
6. Top the salad with the salmon chunks and serve immediately.