Ingredients (serves 8):
3 cups red lentils
12 cups water
1 large red onion, diced
2 small Yukon gold potatoes, diced
1 medium zucchini, diced
4 cups Swiss chard, chopped
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
¼ cup of lemon juice, more to taste
1 teaspoon cumin
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, add lentils and water and place on medium heat to boil.
- In a pan, sauté onions until pink, about 5 minutes. Add chopped Swiss chard and sauté together until chard is wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- After lentils have cooked about 8 minutes, add onion chard mixture, along with diced potatoes and zucchini to the boiling water.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and cook until the potatoes and lentils are completely cooked, about 12 minutes.
- Add the chopped cilantro. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and cumin before serving.