Ingredients (serves 4):
1 tsp. coconut oil
1 tbsp. red curry paste
4 cups (1l) chicken stock
¾ cup (180ml) coconut milk, can
17.5 oz. (500g) sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped
2 chicken thighs (8oz./230g), skinless, boneless, chopped
2 tbsp. fish sauce
1 lime, juiced
chili flakes, to serve
4 tbsp. coriander, chopped, to serve
- In a large saucepan, heat the coconut oil and the curry paste for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Add the potatoes and chicken stock to the pan and bring to boil. Now turn the heat down and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender. Take the pan off the heat and blend the soup in a food processor or with a hand blender until smooth.
- Now, return the soup to the pan. ￼
- Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil. Add the chicken to the soup and cook for 15 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender, stir occasionally.
- When ready to serve, add in the fish sauce and lime juice. Serve with chili flakes and fresh chopped coriander.